Thursday, February 4, 2010

Now to finish writing about my Pennsylvania adventure ....

Lets see, I think I wrote about the prison and how we went in and toured it!! Well, here are some more pictures:

This is one of the iron gates:



This is the wardens office:



The blacksmith shop:



I didnt get the thing that tells about the kitchen in the picture but, I am including it in here anyway:

z

The Kitchen:









This is the bathroom (as you can see). There as 4 cells side by side and in the 5th *cell* block there was a commode and a sink:





On Friday afternoon, Kim, Kris and I FINALLY arrived in Erie!!! I was so excited. When we got off the plane and walked through the airport to the door, I expected someone to be there and ..... they were not. I got on my phone and I called Mark and asked him if there was someone that could come and pick us up at the airport. He said yes and that they (Mark, Carrie (?) Katie, Chad and Matt) would be there in little while. I thought: WHAT!?!?!?!?! We are finally here and we have to WAIT some more?!?!?!?!?!?! Well, while I was talking to Mark on the phone, here he comes walking through the revolving door. I was even more excited cause, some close friends came and picked us up.

The rest of the week end was a blur and I cant remember what all we did.

Monday was .... sad!! I didn't want to leave, Mark and Carrie and Kayla(who saw us through security). I cried and I was sad. I was expectantly waiting to see if God would bring me that big snowstorm that I kept praying for but, He didn't. Instead, he gave us a pretty day to fly out on and I took pictures from 10,000 (maybe more) feet in the air but, I cant find them anywhere on my phone. They were so pretty. I got pictures of the ice on Lake Erie ... Anyway, back to my epithet. Our plane was a smidgen late in landing in Detroit and I looked at the monitors to see if our plane was on schedule and it was already BOARDING!!!!! So, Kim and Kris went through Mc'd's (McDonalds) and I went to the bathroom and we ran to our plane. While we were there waiting in line, they saw that I had a water bottle and so they tested it for something I dont know what. I guess they thought that a person would kill someone with water ...

Anyway, so we got on the plane to Atlanta. While we were still an hour from landing, a 4 year old boy decided to have a bloody nose and bleed through his mouth. He screamed bloody murder and so the stewardess got on the PA system and asked that if there was anyone on board that had medical experience to please go towards the screaming tot. So, several medical professionals showed up and got him to calm down and the the stewardess said that when the plane lands for everyone to remain seated so that the paramedics can come and get the child and his parents off and everything.

So, after we landed we did as we were told. We run walked (sorta running sorta walking) from the airplane to the place where we would ride a shuttle from the airport to Columbus Georgia so that Mrs Godin could pick us up. See Kim' Version for details on that. Got to Kim's house around 7 I think or it mighta been 6. I got to my house at 10 and I still didn't in bed until 1:30 cause I was writing the first half of this thing.

Anyway, I hope that this has been interesting reading to you guys!!

Until next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment