Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It started out awful but, it turned out awesome!!!!!

Wednesday afternoon/evening: I woke up around lunch time and played the piano and the violin and the took a shower. Aunt Judy had come down for the day and was going to go back up but, mom suggested that I ride to Crawford, Alabama (which is a dead town and is the half way point between Kim's house and Auburn) and so, I drove Aunt Judy's car up there and Met Kim and her mom at a gas station there. Anyway, Kim, Kris and I managed to stay up and keep going all night

Thursday: We got dressed (which included snow pants and jackets and silks) for the days travels and I said good bye to Romeo and Victor!! We left around 2am to drive to Atlanta to catch a plane. We got to the airport at 4ish something and so, we were 2 hours early and from the pictures Kim and Kris looked tired:







I was the only bright one:



We got on the plane and it was getting to be sunrise so, I took some pictures! Here they are:







Its beautiful isn't it???

Thursday was also full of 1 bumped flight, 2 standby flights and 2 canceled flights. We were so bored. We had nothing to do but play Rummy (I think I have finally got the hang of it ... )The one time that I was stuck in a airport, I didnt have my computer so, we had no contact with the outside world but, I remembered that the travel phone that I had had AOL instant messenger on it so, I was able to communicate with Mrs. Hughes via the cell phone. I kept her abreast (sp) of the latest developments and so every time that a flight was delayed I would tell her. We spent all day long in the airport (well, 10 or 11 hours. We were looking at having to spend the night at the airport and I didnt want to do that and I imagine that Kim and Kris didnt want to either. There was a hotel in the airport and the Godins said that they would pay for a room and that we could stay there but, I didnt want to spend their money so, I started praying like I have been doing many times before while on this trip.

Then, the Lord provided for us a flight to Philadelphia, Pa so, we took it. I mean, it was further away from Erie but, at least it was in Pennsylvania. We got to the airport in Philly and we were there maybe 2 or 3 hours and we found out that they had canceled the flight to Erie due to a plane malfunction. I was so mad but I kept it all inside. Unlike this guy who stood behind me in the line seeing about getting more tickets. He was cussing like a sailor and saying God's name in vain. I started praying ... I was waiting in line when they came on the PA system and said that they were trying their best to accommodate people at that desk and for further service, go to another gate. So, while Kim went back to Kris (and to get our luggage) I went to the other gate. While all this was going on, I was praying that we could find somewhere to spend the night cause our flight would not be leaving until Friday afternoon. Kim thought of her Aunt Pat that lives across the river in New Jersey so, Kim called Mrs. Godin who called Aunt Pat (her sister) and Aunt Pat called us and sid that we could stay with her at house. I was sooooo grateful. We got to her house around 11:00 or 12:00 and we got to sleep at 1:00am (friday morning)

Friday:

We woke up about 7:30 and we went to a CVS to get some batteries for Kim's camera .... along with a few groceries. We saw some old homes from the 1700's and up and I wish that I had gotten a few pictures ..... Anyway, then we went by an old prison (built in 1811) and her Aunt was telling us about it and she saw that it was open and she asked us if we would want to go in and we said yes!!! Here are some pictures that I took while there:

This is the original door:



This is the original key that fit the door:



This is the plaster *people* that Kim was afraid of:





Kris cracking the code to get in the safe:



Here is Kris behind bars ......





and the rest of this i gonna have to wait until I get a goods nights sleep. I am so tired that I cant think straight!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment