Thursday, July 4, 2013

I don't know what to write

There are so many things running through my head right now that I could write about but, I have to sort and decide which ones I want to write about. It's a very hard decision! If I write about one idea, people would get the wrong impression. However, I really want to write about it cause it makes me happy if even for the moment. This my blog and this is about my life! With that said, here I go!

I met a guy when I was volunteering at the hospital. We were in the Subway line together. We talked like strangers would do. "How are you?" and "How's work?" (I thought that he worked at the hospital.) He offered to buy me a drink at Subway and I told him that he did not have to do that but,he did anyway. I thanked him for it. We were in line to get a drink at the machine but, there were some people in front of us and when they left, he told me to go and I said thanks and have a nice day! Then I proceeded to sit down at a table and he sat down at my table!! At this point, I did not know what to think. I was sitting there drinking my Dr. Pepper and thinking "Why is this guy sitting here talking to me a lowly volunteer???" He then proceeded to ask me about what I do at the hospital and what I do in general. I thought that for sure when he heard that I was a volunteer that he would get up and leave but, he didn't!. I told him that I live on a farm with my parents (that did not scare him off) and I told him that I was a volunteer there at the hospital (and that still did not scare him off). So, if all that id not scare him off, I figured that I could be more relaxed and I was. He asked me what is my favorite restaurant and I figured that ti was a casual questions so, I answered Olive Garden. I LOVE their salad and bread sticks!  So, he said ok. Then we talked a little more and I decided that I wanted to go to a Mexican restaurant. So, he is taking me on a date on Monday (July 1) to the Mexican restaurant. :-).

We have since gone to the Mexican restaurant and I had a blast. We had fun just laughing and talking and hanging out. We were learning about each other. :) I think that there *might* be some potential there but, I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. :)


About him: His name is Jonathan and he is working at the hospital this week because Flowers Hospital is implementing new software throughout the hospital. The best way I can describe the change is; Everyone is going to have electronic patient files instead of paper files. Jonathan is a computer engineer so, he goes around to hospitals all over the South. He will be leaving at the end of next week. He will be going to another hospital that needs him and he will be missed. He's a great friend to me and a great friend to have.


Oh, Jonathan is also one of my FB friends so, feel free to "stalk" him ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! Even if EHR is of the devil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I don't follow, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete