Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm having a hard time falling asleep ........

Have you really listened to the words of a hymn? I mean like really listen?? Sure, you know the words by heart and you could probably recite a song if I gave you the title. One sunday, I was sick and my voice was going and I could not sing so, I just listened to the words. and there is some powerful messages in those song lyrics! From know on, I'm not going to just sing a song, I'm going to actually listen to the words and I challenge you to do the same!!

Several months ago, our church sang a song at a host church (we combined our small church group with another one) and it has stuck in my head ever since. These are some really good lyrics!!


The music/lyrics are by Chris Anderson and Greg Habegger. The song is titled is "I Run To Christ"


 ~ Verse 1 and Chorus ~

"I run to Christ when chased by fear and find a refuge sure.
"Believe in Me," His voice I hear;His words and wounds secure.

I run to Christ when torn by a grief and find abundant peace.
"I too had tears," He gently speaks; thus joy and sorrow meet

~ Verse 2 and Chorus ~

I run to Christ when worn by life and find my soul refreshed
"Come unto Me," He calls through strife; fatiuge gives way to rest

I run to Christ when vexed by Hell and find a mighty arm
"The Devil flees," the scriptures tell; he roars, but can not harm

~ Verse 3 and Chorus ~

I run to Christ when stalked by sin and find a sure escape
"Deliver me," I cry to him; temptation yields to grace

I run to Christ when plagued by shame and find my one defense
"I bore God's wrath," He pleads my case; my advocate and friend

No comments:

Post a Comment