Sunday, March 6, 2011

Courting

You know, I used to think that courtship was not all that it was cracked up to be. I guess because I really didn't know what it meant to "court" someone. Now that I am actually doing it, I think that it is great.

Over the years, I've heard both sides of the argument. I've had a friend that was not successful in his (first and only) courtship relationship that he just didn't do the courtship thing anymore. Then, my best friend did it and it was just perfect for her. Her and her husband are loving life and is soon going to be expecting a baby ... their first!!! :D

Courtship for me is perfect, I think. I'm loving the idea of being able to hang out with the guy and the guy hang out with me at each others house. A friend of mine told me one time that courtship is with the intent of marrying that person. If that is the case, then yes, I am courting and loving it!!!

My life is changing. I'm all of a sudden joining things (ok, one thing) that I had never thought of joining simply because I didn't want to go to the events all by myself. Now, I wont ever have to. His mom will always be able to go with me (when she is home).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If this makes sense, Marc is the guy that I had been praying against. No, that does not sound right. Perhaps I had been praying for him to come but not realizing it.

**BACK STORY**

When my friends and I were little, they would always say that I would marry a farmer because I grew (and I am still growing) up on a farm. I'd always come back and say: "No, I ain't gonna marry no farmer!!" Now, I believe that my story has changed. I cant believe that I am actually courting a farmer!!!! I mean, really ..... Who woulda thunk it??? My friends, that's who!!!

**NOTE**

Marc is not a farmer as in he makes his living off the land but, he is a farmer none the less. He grows corn and peas and beans and such.

3 comments:

  1. I learned that friendship is the key and that the lord knows and grants the desires of our hearts! When we are in the will of God! Enjoy your courtship! Good men are hard to come by so take it slow, enjoy the laughter and together love the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, thank you so much for those words. It is my desire (and his) that we become friends first before we go further. We believe that Christ is the ultimate foundation and also friendship!! I agree, good men are hard to come by!! I am having so much fun with this!!

    ReplyDelete