Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Adventures of a Farmers Daughter



Well, I woke up bright and early (thanks to my friend Garrett for waking me up by sending me text messages this morning.

I was geared up to work on horse fence. WOOHOO!!!

Fed my horse and then came back inside. I was going to go back out but, Momma wanted me to help out with cleaning the house. Then, it was time for lunch. After lunch I did more stuff in the house then, I finally was able to go work on the fence .... or so I thought! Daddy called me and said that he would need me in 10 minutes to help him move the tractor to the field. Anyway, while I was waiting for the 10 minutes to be up, I got on the gator and raced to the section of the fence that needs work and struggled with it but, could not get it to cooperate so, I gave up and went back to Dad. Then, Daddy needed paper towels so, I went and got them and brought them back to the barn. Then, We were finally on the way to the field. Once we got to the field, I was able to ride with Daddy in the tractor. We are currently planting corn.

Here is a picture of Daddy checking the corn seed to insure that they are being planted properly (sorry the picture is so tiny)



Here is Daddy making sure that the seeds are flowing properly in the planters (again sorry for the pictures being tiny):



There was various other things that I did but, I wont bore you with the details as I have already put more detail in here that was probably needed. I worked hard today and this is only the beginning of a very long and hard planting season.

No comments:

Post a Comment