Monday, February 13, 2012

February 11 ~ An Interesting Day

Well, my family (Dad, Mom, BIL, Sister, niece) and I went trekking through the woods in one of our pastures to find a old home site that was supposedly there in the 1930's (according to Dad). Daddy had his metal detector (that detects iron as well) looking for stuff in the dirt that would prove that there was indeed a house there at one time. We came across this big piece of something. Daddy put the detector over it an it was going crazy! So, we started digging and we surmised that it was a rock. However, I'm not happy with that answer and I want to go digging around there some more. I mean, it could be a cover to a treasure chest full of gold!!! Well, probably not but, a girl can dream!

It was very windy but, you could not tell deep in the woods. When we got out o the woods, the wind was so strong that it nearly blew us over!! As we were walking and talking we came across some bricks and rocks (possibly a fireplace?)!

Daddy wanted us to go back through the woods to keep us out of the wind. I'm glad that he did cause at the edge of the woods, I saw a balloon and it had a ribbon and tied to the ribbon was a laminated piece of paper. I looked at the tag and it had a picture of this girl and her name and it said Nicollette J. D. and it gave her birth year and death year. I came home and googled her. It only took me 30 seconds to do this. Come to find out, this gir had died 10 days ago (tomorrow). However, the internment was Thursday so when I found the balloon, it had only been 2-3 days (if y'all can follow that)! That balloon traveled across Mississippi all the way to little Headland. Isn't the wind patterns awesome??? God is amazing!!!

BTW, the balloon gave me an idea. One day, I'm going to buy a balloon put a string on it, write a letter and stick it in a envelope and laminate it and send it on its way and maybe someone some where will find it and write back. I dont know when I am going to do this though

1 comment:

  1. A message on the wind. That is incredible! Just another beautiful way God enables us to connect and pray for one another.

    ReplyDelete