Monday, October 17, 2011

Rambling??

I've been trying to rake my brain for something particular to write about but, I cant seem to find what it is that I want to right about. So, I'm just going to write about random things. They will be put into paragraphs.

For the past few days, I've been helping Mom pick up pecans in a yard across from our house. I think that I have overdone things with the picking up of the pecans. I've not felt good lately. I have figured out that the scars from my appendectomy do not stretch. I suppose that I will pick up pecans tomorrow as well!!

My brother. Alot can happen in a year. This past February had been a year since he was diagnosed with CML. In September I learned that the meds that he had been taking that kept him in remission had quit working. He now needs a bone marrow transplant. The good news is is that my sister (who lives in NC) is a perfect match!! God is good!! Yesterday (Sunday) was their (my brother and sister in laws) one year wedding anniversary. In fact, it seems just like yesterday that they were getting married in the beautiful mountains of Angel Fire, New Mexico!! Oh, it was so pretty!! I want to go back and perhaps maybe one day I will get that chance!

Since my surgery, I have not been able to participate in harvest at all. We are almost done picking cotton. I had to sit that crop out due to it being such strenuous work. I mean, with the pushing and pulling that I would have to do in order to work the cotton module builder. Next is peanuts!! I can do peanuts easy!! All I will have to do is drive a truck (that weighs 3/4 of a ton) puling a peanut trailer (that weighs about 8 tons)!! If y'all think I am scared, believe me when I tell you that I am not.

I must admit that when I started writing this blog that I felt so down and out but after to talking to a very special and dear fried, I feel a whole lot better!! Thanks, Melanie!! Such a dear friend!!

Anyway ........

My life. It is busy to say the least. Would I have it any other way? Of course not. It is hard sometimes when I think about certain persons and I wish upon every star that things could be different. Then I realize that there is no such thing as a "fairy tale" relationship Things will get better though! I just have to keep believing. Alot of tears have been shed. Especially when I see a couple who is so much in love!! My heart aches because I want that. In the Bible, it says that God gives us the desires of our hearts. God knows what I want so, I really don't have to tell him. I really do think that God is waiting on my to grow up!!

What is my schedule like? Well, it consists of me doing the following: Mondays: Volunteer at a local hospital, Tuesdays: school, Wednesdays: volunteering at a local hospital, going to church and teaching GA's, and Thursdays: going to school!! Fridays and Saturdays is my free day to do whatever. Sundays are reserved for going to church!

Speaking of church, this past Sunday was the first time that I went to a particular church for several months. I was able to hear the testimony of Siran Stacy! If you dont know who he is, I urge you to look him up!! Tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be going back to teaching GA's for the first time since my surgery!! I cant wait. I hope that I will not be disappointed!!

Thanksgiving? Will we all be here together?? Who knows! We are waiting on God's perfect timing!!

Well, I think this is every thing that I wanted to say!! Oh, sorry about the randomness of everything!! I shall write more when I am not about to conk out!!

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this post! Pecans & cottone????? Sounds so romantic to me, very peaceful & lovely, but I know its very hard work. Oh, how I wish we had that opportunity to live like you do :D

    I pray your brother can move on & feel better, I will do that, Ok?

    Im glad you are happy also! That makes me happy :)

    Good post, Kate! I extremely enjoyed it. I think the best posts are the life-telling ones. The real ones ~

    ReplyDelete