Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Life Of A Farmers Daughter

The Life of a Farmers Daughter


My mom woke me up this morning at 7:30 to tell me to get dressed to go to town to her eye doctor’s appt. (a yearly checkup) so that she can unpack the trailer because it has to go to the shop to fix a leak. So, I got up and got dressed. Mom decides at the last minute that she will keep her appt. No sooner did mom get out the door that I thought that I was free to read a book. I start reading the book and my dad calls me to come and help him get the truck unstuck from the field. After we got the truck unstuck we go and hook up to a corn trailer because he wants me to haul corn and so, I did not have a chance to change from my town clothes. I went to the corn field and lo and behold, the combine broke (not a big surprise here on the farm) and so, there were only 2 trailers to haul. An employee and I hauled the loads to town and I pulled an empty one from town to the house. Dad told me to leave it (the empty trailer) at the house and that he would take on to the field. I was the one that wound up taking it to the field. Meanwhile, mom wants me to go to the drug store (in Headland) and pick up some meds they (the drugstore) had forgot about. Anyway, so, after I drop off the corn trailer that I am pulling to town, I go to the drug store and get moms meds and then come home. End of story, right? Nope, guess again. I get home, and dad calls me to tell me to go to the John Deere place (a place in town that sells John Deere equipment) and pick up a rim for a tire. Did I mention that Dad wants me to take the rim for the tire that I got at the John Deere place and take it to a tire shop? I come back to the house after I put the trailer in the field and I got my truck and headed to town. I went to the John Deere place and picked up the tire and then as I was on my way home..... is this a third attempt at coming and staying at home? I lost count. Anyway, I was on my way home and dad called me wanting me to go by a building materials place so, I did and I am finally home!!!!! But wait, there is more!!!!! I have spent several hours at home and my dad calls me to go and pick him up in another one of our fields and to take him to another field. This is my life!!!!! The moral of the story is: I never know what I am going to be doing until I do it!!!!!

1 comment: