Thursday, November 1, 2012

Oh blog, I have missed thee!!

I know that it has been a while since I wrote to you but, please give me a break. It's been "Harvest Time", I've been hauling peanuts to "My Town", I've had fun driving my "International Harvester" (CHEVY truck)!! I've had as much as 15 cars lined up behind me like a big parade hauling peanuts though! I'm a "Farm Girl" and also a "Farmer's Daughter". I love "Georgia Peaches". "Daddy's Hands" are like leather but, they are nice to hold! 


(All the words in "" marks are all country songs. ALSO: I don't condone the words in "Farm Girl" but, I hope that you get the point!)

*sigh*

Anyway, the peanuts will be done as soon as we finish up 20 acres. We still have cotton to go but, I wont be needed as much (maybe.

~ Love, ~
~ Kate ~

~~~~~ OK, now back to your regularly scheduled blog posts ~~~~~

10/31/12 ~ OY VEY, what a day! Hey, that rhymes ...... Red got out! What is it about fall?? I guess the kudzoo looks greener on the other side of the fence ....  One of our employees called me (yesterday) to tell me that he was out. Well, I had just pulled a trailer to the local co-op and I had picked a a empty when I got the call. So, I went to their house (the empty trailer still attached to the truck) and parked on the road and I went and they showed me where he was. Needless to say, when he saw me, he high tailed (or lazily tailed) it back to the pasture. He made a trail yesterday through the woods so, he followed it back around to the pasture and was back in as soon as I got the truck and trailer parked and went down there. After that, I was off the rest of the day.

11/1/12 ~ Anyway, I woke up at 6:58, to getting a text message from one of the neighbors saying that my horse was out and in there yard ..... again! I should point out that he got out yesterday too!!
 
This morning when I went to go get him, I took the gator (um, kinda like a ATV) to the neighbors house (yes, I know I'm repeating a little) and when I got in there, he was in the pasture but, the fence is down so, he could walk in or out! I tried to get him to follow the gator but, that did not work so, I had to leave the gator on the neighbors property and walk Red home (which was not far). I have 2 separate pastures (for lack of a better way to describe it) and one part is a field with grass in it (and also his food and water) then the rest is a pasture for grazing. I have Red in the field. I might work on horse fence this week end. Anyone wanna help with the fence??? We are not picking tomorrow ... taking a break.

Side note: This is one of those rare times when I wish that I had someone (a guy) that could help me with this sorta thing .....

I'm really hoping that y'all can understand this post! It's OK if y'all don't. I barely understand it myself!! Just remember .... please be lenient

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I was not trying to be inspirational, or enthusiastic! What is the link anyway?

    ReplyDelete