Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Adventures of a Farmers daughter ~ Part 5

Well, over the week end (Aug. 2-5) Daddy and Momma had a annual ALFA meeting in Mobile and as usual, I stayed home by myself! :D

(Mommy, WOW!! I'm a big kid now! Anyone remmeber that little jig?) Remember where it is from? What was it advertising? ;)

On Friday (Aug. 3), I noticed that the freezer was not freezing. Everything was thawing out but yet, it was still frozen in the middle. I thought nothing on it since the freezer has been a "wonder freezer" ... you know as in a "you wonder when it is gonna stop working" type of deal.


Later in the day, I went to town and got some groceries as well as run some errands that I needed to run for Momma. I came home with frozen stuff and started putting them in the refrigerator and freezer. Well, I noticed that as I was putting my frozen things in there that the freezer was not as cold as before ....... *still doesn't know what is going on* So, I put the frozen stuff in the actual freezer in the laundry room. When I go back to the kitchen ..... there was water on the floor. I put a towel there to soak up the water and left it there, went to do something else *gets distracted* When I finally thought to go get the towel up, HALF the towel was wet (twas a hand towel) ....... I call Momma and tell her what is going on and she tells me to make sure the freezer door is shutting and to put another towel down there and see if more water drips out. I do. There is no more water. I call Momma later in the day and tell her there is no more water

On Saturday (Aug. 4), I go to open the freezer (to check it) and EVERYTHING is THAWED! I call Mom and she tells me to put everything that is in the freezer in the laundry room. When I come back, there is MORE water on the floor! Call Mom again and she tells me that she will call someone to cut off the water going to fridge. End of the story? NOPE! Ha, there is so much more! When my uncle comes to turn the water off, I put some stuff in the fridge part but, I don't think anything of it being just a smidgon bit warm ..... He cuts off the water. I *think* everything is fine now  I spend the rest of the day cleaning some more!

Sunday (Aug. 5), I wake up, get dressed, stop by the house (Kirkland Kottage) to see what is going on. Yes, we worked today cause our ox is in the ditch" and then I go to church. As usual, I stop by my friends house on the way home. I visit with her then Momma calls me and tells me that she needs me home. I come home and the FRIDGE has stopped cooling also!!! So, its probably not been cooling for about 3 days now. The fridge had a certain ..... um, ...... smell! Anyway, we took everything out, Dad pulled out the fridge and we vacuumed under and behind it. After all that, we plugged it back in and we would check it ever so often ...... the poor thing was getting HOTTER not cooler!! So, now, on top of everything else, we may be looking for a new fridge! :D

Thus ends my saga! Stay tuned cause I'm sure there will more "Adventures of a Farmer's daughter" coming soon!!


No comments:

Post a Comment