Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update on Will

Friends,

This is Day 2 post transplant and I stand amazed in the presence of God. Will was supposed to have really bad side effects from the chemo but he only had one bad day where he threw up a couple of times; no sores in the mouth, no rashes, nothing. If there has been anything they haven’t told me. His counts are going down and will continue to for five to seven days post-transplant. He is supposed to be feeling worse and worse. But this morning Amy reports he is “chipper and doing fine”. Brothers and sisters in Christ, our prayers are working. God has given me such a peace about this. I have never doubted we would pull through but I thought the road would be so much rougher! He is not out of the woods yet, he still has a few more days of an uphill battle before the turn–around. So we still covet your prayers.

I was mistaken on some of the time-line. I now understand that it will be two to four weeks post-transplant before we know if the graft has taken so that is still on our prayer list. Also continue to pray that God will maintain a shield around him to protect from all germs that can cause infection. We are all doing our best toward that end, but only God is fool proof so we continue to depend on him.

I stand amazed in God’s provision of a sibling donor. Before this I would have thought that probability rather high but many of the medical staff are saying we are blessed to have that. They say it is still unusual and have told of several that had five and six brothers and sisters but no match. Even one that had eleven and no match. Many wait on an unrelated match and never get it. One man found a match that had to fly from England. Not only am I speechless, but even my thoughts are dumbfounded on consideration of God’s provision.

I stand amazed at the number of people praying for Will, Amy and Anna & for us too. So many of you have added them to your church or prayer group list and also forwarded the emails. If it were possible to count them I know the number would be in the thousands. Again God provides.

Please know that even if you feel your prayers are inadequate they are not because God has provided an intercessor, Jesus. He sits at the throne of God interceding on your behalf and he translates the prayers to the Father so that every prayer is the good and perfect prayer. You cannot pray an imperfect prayer!

Again, thank you from the depths of my soul and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I thank God for our friendship.

Blessings,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment