Friday, July 9, 2010

Daddy Saves the Icecream!!!!!

Well, It went like this:

We went to Landmark Park to hear the "Music at Moonlight" people. It had been going on a few hours when a "POP!!!!!" happened down in the woods (a fuse blew in a breaker box). Then a few minutes later, people were sitting in the church yard listening to music and they heard a "POW!!!!!" (a transformer popped and sparks started flying and smoke started rising. Well, the fire dept. came then 30 min. later the power truck came.

All this time I was helping Park staff take drinks to park staff so, I knew what was going on.

Anyway, I was giving a park staff (actual staff) her drink when she told another park "staff" (volunteer) and I that they were going to cut off complete power to the park and that we were needed in the Martin Drugstore (were the ice cream is) to consolidate all the ice cream we could into one freezer. I got 20 yards away from the staff member (actual staff) and the lights went out!! I rushed in there to help the lady that was running it. There was still people waiting in line to get their ice cream and such . With her one flashlight we finished filling orders and closed up shop. The power going off ran everyone off at 9:15.

Daddy came to get me at the drugstore and as we were walking I was telling him the plight that the ice cream was in. We got in the car and I said: "Daddy, cant you help them out some how??" He didn't say anything for a while. He and Mom started discussing it and came to the conclusion that we would loan the Park one of our generators to use over night (for the freezer that the ice cream was in) until the power could be restored the next morning (this morning).

So, we came home and Daddy went to go get the generator from the barn and I went to get the gas and 10 minutes later we were on our way back to the Park. We showed the guy that over sees everything going on in the park how to work the generator. The guy told us that if they hadn't of found a generator quickly that they would have lost about $800 worth of ice cream. I wasn't about to let that happen!!!!!!!!!! They've already lost a bunch of stuff when the Maintenance Barn burned down. When we finally got back home (the second time) it was 10:30

I woke up this am (morning) and I am heading to town. I've tried calling them (the park) to see if the power has been cut back on and I cant seem to get a answer and eventually I get a busy signal which seems to indicate to me that they still don't have power. First I have to cash a check at the bank though.

No comments:

Post a Comment