Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Life of a Farmer's daughter ~ Part 4

Well, I realize that I have not written about my personal life here lately. It's not that I don't want to ... well, it kinda is! Its just that I am growing up and I realize that I do not have to let everyone know what is going on in my life but, I will share a little bit of it here.

I've been very busy lately. We all have. Daddy is planting and gathering oats and Momma is helping by hauling oats to town to get dry.

I've been sick for the past 2 week and have not felt like doing much of anything. I think that I have played with the dog for a total of 2 1/2 days! Poor Paxton! I feel sorry for the little guy!! I mean, he wants his Aunt Kate to play with him like she used to!!

My little nephew is due for an appearance any day now. The due date was yesterday and I can't wait to meet the little guy! I dont know who I am more excited to see when they come here, Will, Amy or Liam!! I'll be excited to see al 3 but, I'll want to hold Liam of course!! I got Liam the cutest Auburn Tiger onzie!!!

I have acquired a job! I don't know if it is paid or not but, either way, I'll do it! I'm working at a place called Tumbleweed Ranch and I'll be helping a client get more confident with horses. The couple who own it came up to me (well, his wife did) last Sunday and she asked me if I would be willing to work one day a week with this client and I told her that I would. Riding horses is my second love! God is the first but, riding horses is very close to first! I needed training myself to learn how to "steer" the horse. I have been taught "neck reigning" and they are teaching me "plow reigning" so that when I'm with the client, I'll be confident myself!

The difference between the "neck reigning" and "plow reigning" is with the "neck reigning", you steer the horse by applying pressure to the side of the head. "Plow reigning" is how you would apply pressure to the neck That is the only way I can think to explain it so, I hope that y'all can follow that.

In addition to that, I still work (volunteer) at a local medical facility and I love that too!! I do things on the computer and I love it! I'm also going to school and I hope to get that done by the end of the summer! Pease pray for me!

Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment