Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering Sept. 11, 2001 ~ A short post

Where was I on that date?

I was ..... homeschooling at hits point

My brother was on his way home from UPS (He was working the pre-load shift then) and he was listening to music and the news broke that something had crashed into the World Trade Center in New York. He called Mom and Mom came and got me (I had just gotten outta bed) and told me to come watch the TV in the kitchen. (I was still in my jammies! How cool is that??) . I had a history lesson that day. It was a history lesson that I will never forget. I was in the ... *thinks* ... 8th grade. News of the attacks broke in at every school. I was fixated to the tv. I was watching LIVE action/reaction. Not replays but, LIVE. It was horrible! I remember thinking to myself ..... how could anyone do this to AMERICA?? The greatest NATION and COUNTRY on earth?? I was so angry. I just remember sitting there in awe of the audacity (I guess that is the right word) of these people who would do this to (the) US. I can remember President Bush standing on the pile of rubble and him saying (paraphrasing): "I can hear you! Can you hear me??" Everyon was was cheering and he went on to say "Soon the whole world will be hearing you!!" Chanting started and everyone was chanting "USA!! USA!! USA!!" I stood in awe of AMERICA and what she stood for!! I have ALWAYS (unlike our current First Lady) been PROUD of my AMERICA!! I think we went to war soon after but, I'm not sure!!

Anyway, just watned to write down my memories of this day

MAY GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!! MAY GOD BLESS OUR FAMILIES AND MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

This reminds me of a song .....

While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer.

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment