Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Life of a Farmers Daughter ~ Part 3

well. at 6:00 pm yesterday, Dad and I were on our way to a farm meeting about Cotton. BTW, cotton is rare in the US right now since nobody made all that much. I fear that cause of that, the prices for clothes is gonna be higher than they are right now. Now, I don't know this a fact (well, actually I do...) but, it is what I got out of the meeting from yesterday.

Anyway, Dad and I were coming home last night around 8:00 or 8:30 and all of a sudden Daddy lammed on brakes ..... cows were in the road. Now, Alabama is what they call a free range state. That means that we technically do not have to have fence but, we do anyway as a precaution and if a car were to hit a cow and damage the car .... the person can not sue the farmer. Inst that great?!?!?!?! So, After discussing with Daddy weither or not I should go back down the road to the cows to sit with my flashers on, Daddy let me go. Well, I had to ga up my truck cause it was running low. I ot back up to the house to tell dad that I was headed down there and to get my phone and I was coming outside and I thought that I heard sirens!!! I thought that someone had hit a cow!!!!! So, I got in my truck and took off rather fast down the drive way ..... I was going down the road at 65 MPH with my flashers on. I got down there and saw that the cows were in but, I stayed to help look for some stragglers. I even helped the owner feed the cows and check the fence.

Out in the country (well, here anyway), if you wanna have a neighbor hood get together have a fire truck ambulance, a police car stop at your house or the cows get out and people are bound to show up to see what is happening!!!

Until I can think of something interesting to right about..... so long!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sure sounds like an adventure! I am reminded that some parts of the country still knows to an extent what the good 'ole days were like... :)

    ReplyDelete