Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas in Heaven

I did not hear about the shooting in Connecticut until later Friday night/early Saturday morning when I got on FB and saw that everyone was talking about it. I asked Momma about it and she told me. I was so sad! I have a huge place in my heart for kids (even though they do drive me crazy sometimes)! It broke my heart that someone so heartless would do that to innocent children! I cried! My hat goes off to all the first responders and to the brave teachers who risked their lives (and died) to save the kids! Anyway, this song by Scotty McCreery as been stuck in my head constantly since the shooting. It's a absolutely beautiful song! Here it is:


December hasn't changed  
This town looks the same  
They still light that tree in the city square 
There's red, white, and green shining everywhere 
And I wish you were here  
And I wonder.....
.
Is the snow falling down on the streets of gold  
Are the mansions all covered in white  
Are you singing with angels silent night 
 I wonder..... what Christmas in Heaven is like
 
There's a little manger scene 
Down on Third and Main  
I must've walked right by it a thousand times  
But I see it now in a different light 
'Cause I know you are there 
And I wonder......
 
Are you kneeling with shepherds before Him now 
Can you reach out and touch His face  
Are you part of that glorious holy night 
 I wonder..... What Christmas in Heaven is like
 
Is the snow falling down on the streets of gold 
Are the mansions all covered in white 
Are you singing with angels silent night  
Oh I wonder.... What Christmas in Heaven is like


Lord, please be with the families of the children who were killed! Be with the teachers who remain and block all flashbacks and terrors from their mind! Also, please be with the children who remain! Bring them all peace and comfort this Christmas season!  Please be with them, Father. In your name I pray, A-men
 

No comments:

Post a Comment